Every week these cats hook up each other with hot hits and big phazed cookies to peruse and then vote on their individual fancy catchers currently celebrating the Council's 10 year anniversary!
Ten years ago, the original Watcher had an idea. Blogging carnivals, featuring posts from different bloggers were all the rage then, but our illustrious Founder had a different idea. Instead of a haphazard and changing bunch of contributors every week he put together the concept of a set membership, a Watcher’s Council that would promote the best in the blogosphere, week in and week out…a group that would become a community rather than just a collection of random links.
It worked, and the fact that it’s lasted so long is worth looking at. It’s both the quality of the writers and the quality of the people involved.
Ten years is an eternity in the world of the internet.
Thusly sans further adieu (or a don"t)
- *First place with 3 votes! The Noisy Room –Capsizing the Republic – Cloward and Piven on the Southern Border
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Liberty’s Spirit – These are the times that try men’s souls..
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room- Of Norway, petrodollars, free education, etc.
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit- The Celebration Of The Rattlesnakes
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Simply Jews- Apple vs Samsung: he said, she said, so what will Obama do now?
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – VA Right! -ObamaCare Intent Revealed – Single Payer Ultimate Goal and Why Our Current (old) System Was Better
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Mellow Jihadi- For the love of Ginger
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb –Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment – Missouri Represents
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor –You Know Your Cause is Lost When Your Action Plan Includes Disrupting Funerals
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet –Florida State Capitol Displays Mural of George Zimmerman Shooting Trayvon Martin
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Conservatives, Tea Party and GOP: Can we find some way to get along just a little bit?
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Mark Steyn-Know Thine Enemysubmitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Daniel Schwammenthal/WSJ –The Mufti Of Berlin submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – War On The Rocks –The Wrong Debate: Reflections On Counterinsurgency submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -Walid Shoebat- Does Jailed Brotherhood leader have goods on Obama? submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion -Does John Kerry worry about a Palestine that reveres such monsters as the murderer of Nissim Toledano? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -Blazing Cat Fur –Toronto Masjid Conducting Prison Da’wah Throughout North America Hates You, Your Society, Your Religion & High Heels submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Techdirt.com –Jennifer Hoelzer’s Insider’s View Of The Administration’s Response To NSA Surveillance Leaks submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -John Sexton, The Conversation –Lois Lerner Discusses Political Pressure on the IRS in 2010 submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -The Jewish Review Of Books –What Jesus Wasn’t: Zealot submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote-Patterico’s Pontifications –Pelosi’s Faux and Feigned Outrage submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Walter Williams – Black Self-Sabotage submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote -EAG News – Father of molested student talks about his outrage toward seven teachers who supported the rapist submitted by VA Right!